I haven’t been sick for over a year, but as soon as summer starts I get a cold.
My eating habits get weird during exams.
- chocolate chip muffin + entire bottle of strawberry/banana smoothie (7 servings of fruit in one bottle!!) for breakfast/lunch
-an orange, honeydew melon, and a corn bran muffin for dinner
- burger king fries for a midnight snack
One week until it’s all over.
My eyes are really puffy; I didn’t get in until 3:30 am; I’m still a bit dizzy and just completely worn out…so what better way to treat a pathetically wild night than by going book shopping?
- Fight Club - Chuck Palahniuk
- Tin Drum - Gunter Grass
- The Screwtape Letters - C.S. Lewis
- This is a Book - Demetri Martin
- Middlesex - Jeffrey Eugenides
Then I ate 3 chicken tenders with a bunch of fries and went to sleep.
Audience member: Who are your biggest influences?
Michael Chabon: I’d have to say my good friend Jonathan Franzen. I thought his novel The Corrections needed none.
Jonathan Franzen: Well in turn, I’d have to say my biggest influence is…Albert Camus.
Chabon: You were supposed to say me! I blurbed you!
Franzen: Yeah, and it looks real sweet on my dust jacket. How do you like me now?